Self love (noun): Regards for one’s own well-being & happiness.
In this world full of stress, hardships, commitments, rage, companionship, duties we tend to forget that we also have certain obligations to ourselves. We tend to priorities a lot of things in life and forget to priorities the most important human, “our own selves”.
I have seen people so lonely in spite of having love in their life but what they miss to have in life is self love. These people search for love and companionship outside and tend to forget that we have a power house of love inside us. We are unaware of what we want in life, what we love and what we have.
Self love is not an easy process. It needs a lot of time and patience. Initially it starts with acceptance. One needs to accept themselves in order to love them. One needs to accept their body type, skin colour, the way they speak, the way they look & everything about one’s self. According to me, acceptance is the very first step.
Ones you accept yourself you need to list down the changes or improvements that you want inside yourself. Again it’s not easy. Improving one’s self means changing the habits you were into for the ‘n’ number of years you have been practising the habit. One is bound to feel angry, restless, irritated but that’s okay. Practise makes a person perfect.
In this process of redefining your own self you hear a lot of voices surrounding you. People try to pull you down but you need to neglect them and walk forward. This is not achievable in a day. It takes time. And time differs from one person to the other.
Once you love yourself and get rid of the mean comments that you will definitely get along the way, you will feel more productive and will achieve both mental and physical health resulting to self love
Listing some daily practises you can bring into your life to prioritise self and run good daily :
1. Make a to-do list for the next day before you sleep and tick what you achieved throughout the day.
2. Reward your own self every week (you deserve it). Gift yourself or visit your favourite cafe.
3. Days when you feel low write down 10 things you are grateful for.
1. Slow down, be present and mindful.
2. Make a list of 10 things you love about yourself.
3. Meditate and detach (if you want) from every social media.
1. Go for long morning/evening walks.
2. Try meditating.
3. Take care of your skin, hair & have a lot of water daily.
Remember two things always :
1. LOVE YOURSELF FIRST BECAUISE THAT’S WHO YOU WILL BE SPENDING THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH.
2. YOUR MIND WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU FEED IT. FEED IT GENTLENESS AND FIERCE SELF-LOVE.